formerly Martin's Mortuary, formerly formerly Mouser's Mortuary
Do you have a little plastic nun on your computer?
the Mortuary was a BBS in the Washington DC area in the late 80s. it had,
if i do say so myself (and i do), the coolest, most literate, most
interesting group of weirdos ever to populate a BBS in the history of
computers. in recent years, a few of us have turned up on the net.
i'm hoping to find a few more. have you seen these people?
Update, 6/15/05: I've created a livejournal community for Mortuary alumni. Livejournal accounts are free; sign up and ping me and I'll get you joined up.
The Lost and Found
- Tango Wisterna -- He once was found but now is lost again. "The
difference between the perfect word and the almost perfect word is like
the difference between the lightning and the lightning bug."
- Martin Scriblerus! -- aka Norman
Wallis. "While breasts are always a soothing sight, the flaccid penis is
not one of God's most impressive shows."
- the Flinx -- no matter what he says, dousing yourself in patchouli is
NOT an adequate substitute for regular bathing
- Ford Perfect (sic) -- Son Of Scriblerus
- Lim -- you'd think, considering that he played fiddle on my demo, that
i'd remember his name. but i don't. i just remember his hair. it was...
- Lust Mutant -- "I'd sell my wife and kids to Arab terrorists to
hear her piss in a tin cup over the telephone."
- Jackrabbit Mister -- i recall the name, but nothing else
- RONOJOY SEN -- "HI!!! MY NAME IS RONOJOY SEN AND I HAVE A NINE INCH
PENIS!!! I AM ONLY 14 BUT I KNOW HOW TO FUCK REAL GOOD!!!!"
- Soda Pressing -- both Tango and i remember him as unworthy of remembrance;
your mileage may vary. Hot news in from Monty Carlo: apparently, Mr. Pressing was convicted of multiple counts of child molestation and rape and may still be serving time. holy fuck.
if you have sighted any of these people, email me.